Responsibilities include but are not limited to duties involving pool operations, first aid, rotations,
scheduling staff, public relations, janitorial duties, daily chemical analysis/testing, pool cleaning, cleaning
of bathrooms and concession stand area, swim lessons, water aerobics and all other duties required.
The manager should have excellent organizational, communication and public relation skills. This is a
working supervisory position requiring weekends and holiday work.
– Prepare work schedules for employees making sure the manager or head lifeguard is on duty at
all times the pool is open.
– Chemical analysis and application
– Interviewing and hiring of lifeguards
– Insure hourly employees work no more then 40 hours per week
– Have all completed time sheets to the City Clerk by 9 a.m. the Monday before payday
– Insure pool employees are trained in their duties
– Track pool attendance, balance cash drawer and bring money to City Hall for deposit
– Insure proper operating condition of all equipment
– Handle first aid problems
– Maintain discipline at the pool, supervise staff on rotations and breaks
– Enforce the pool rules and regulations to the staff and public
– Maintain a positive public relation with the community
– Document and report all disciplinary problems and accidents to the City Clerk
– Schedule events held at the pool at times other than the regular scheduled hours
– Check all doors and gates are locked at closing time
Experience and Education:
Prefer candidates with knowledge and experience in pool management operations. General
management experience preferred. CPR & First Aid certification are required. Lifeguard Training
certification are preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.